Monday, June 25, 2012

   Chapter 4. The Duel, and it's Consequences.
That afternoon, I walked into the village plaza, with a sword, and a sorrowful soul. I had considered leaving town, but I decided that I would rather die a brave man, then live a coward. Another large factor was that I had no boat, to take me off the blasted island. I decided to write my memoirs, and took out my journal, and wrote.
-----My Memoir----
I died a good just man, leaving no family or loved ones. My life was short, yet good. I have no more to say.

I kept it short, and safe, in case I lived.
The man saw me writing, and called me over. I walked to him, thought a moment, shook his hand, gave him my writings and ran. I ran, until I came to a dock and plunged head first into the water. I swam until I came upon a ship, bound for Egypt, on a trading route. The sailors helped me aboard, and I hired myself to them as a ships cook, and there I am, a happy coward to this very day.

The End.

2 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Word. This is hilarious. A word to the wise, don't read Toby's blog while drinking Monster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, drinking while reading is not advisable.

    ReplyDelete